The European data protection legal landscape is undergoing an unprecedented reform. In practice this will mean the replacement of the data protection laws of member states, such as the Data Protection Act 1998, by a new Data Protection Regulation which is now being debated and will be directly applicable accross the European Union.
This will bring some profound changes that will affect the way organisations deal with compliance with data protection obligations. The seminar will focus on the most relevant challenges ahead and what they will actually mean in practice.
8.30am Arrival and registration
8.45 am Seminar to begin
Some of the topics that will be discussed follow:
- Stronger and wider rights for individuals
- Data protection by design and by default
- Documentation and cooperation
- Security and notification of breaches
- Appointment of data protection officers
- Data protection impact assessments
- Sanctions and penalties
10.00 am Open discussion and networking
|Members - Free||£ 0.00|
|Non-member (PayPal account only - VAT included)||£ 30.00|
|Non-member (Card payment - VAT included)||£ 31.50|